Least Squares Support Vector Machine Classifiers
- 15k Downloads
In this letter we discuss a least squares version for support vector machine (SVM) classifiers. Due to equality type constraints in the formulation, the solution follows from solving a set of linear equations, instead of quadratic programming for classical SVM's. The approach is illustrated on a two-spiral benchmark classification problem.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C.M. Bishop, Neural Networks for Pattern Recognition,Oxford University Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.V. Cherkassky and F. Mulier, Learningfrom Data: Concepts, Theory and Methods, John Wiley and Sons, 1998.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Fletcher, Practical Methods of Optimization, John Wiley and Sons: Chichester and New York, 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.G.H. Golub and C.F. van Loan, MatrixComputations, Johns Hopkins University Press: Baltimore MD, 1989.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Haykin, Neural Networks: A Comprehensive Foundation, Macmillan College Publishing Company: Englewood Cliffs, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.S. Ridella, S. Rovetta and R. Zunino, “Circular back propagation networks for classification, ” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 84–97, 1997.Google Scholar
- 7.C. Saunders, A. Gammerman and V. Vovk, “Ridge regression learning algorithm in dual variables, ” Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Machine Learning ICML-98, Madison-Wisconsin, 1998.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Schölkopf, K.-K. Sung, C. Burges, F. Girosi, P. Niyogi, T. Poggio and V. Vapnik, “Comparing support vector machines with Gaussian kernels to radial basis function classifiers, ” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 45, No. 11, pp. 2758–2765, 1997.Google Scholar
- 9.V. Vapnik, “The nature of statistical learning theory, ” Springer-Verlag: New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.V. Vapnik, “Statistical learning theory, ” John Wiley: New York, 1998.Google Scholar
- 11.V. Vapnik, “The support vector method of function estimation, ” in J.A.K. Suykens and J. Vandewalle (Eds) Nonlinear Modeling: Advanced Black-Box Techniques, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, pp. 55–85, 1998.Google Scholar
- 12.J.M. Zurada, Introduction to Artificial Neural Systems, West Publishing Company, 1992.Google Scholar