Projection with a Minimal System of Inequalities
- 159 Downloads
Projection of a polyhedron involves the use of a cone whose extreme rays induce the inequalities defining the projection. These inequalities need not be facet defining. We introduce a transformation that produces a cone whose extreme rays induce facets of the projection.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Balas, S. Ceria, and G. Cornuéjols, "A lift-and-project cutting plane algorithm for mixed 0-1 programs," Mathematical Programming, vol. 58, pp. 295-324, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Balas and W.R. Pulleyblank, "The perfectly matchable subgraph polytope of a bipartite graph," Networks, vol. 13, pp. 495-516, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.E. Balas and W.R. Pulleyblank, "The perfectly matchable subgraph polytope of an arbitrary graph," Combinatorica, vol. 9, pp. 321-337, 1989.Google Scholar
- 4.M.O. Ball, W.G. Liu, and W.R. Pulleyblank, “Two terminal steiner tree polyhedra," Report No. 87466-OR, Institüt für Ökonometrie und Operations Research Bonn, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.M.X. Goemans, "Polyhedral description of trees and arborescences,” in Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization (Proceedings of IPCO 2), E. Balas, G. Cornuéjols, and R. Kannan (Eds.), Carnegie Mellon University, 1992, pp. 1-14.Google Scholar
- 6.L. Lovász and A. Schrijver, "Cones of matrices and set-functions and 0-1 optimization," SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 1, pp. 166-190, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.G.L. Nemhauser and L. Wolsey, Integer and Combinatorial Optimization, Wiley, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Queyranne and Y. Wang, "Single machine scheduling polyhedra with precedence constraints," Mathematics of Operations Research, vol. 16, pp. 1-20, 1991.Google Scholar
- 9.R.L. Rardin and L.A. Wolsey, "Valid inequalities and projecting the multicommodity extended formulation for uncapacitated fixed charge network flow problems," European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 71, pp. 95-109, 1993.Google Scholar
- 10.H. Sherali and W. Adams, "A hierarchy of relaxations between the continuous and convenx hull representations for zero-one programming problems," SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, vol. 3, pp. 411-430, 1990.Google Scholar