Multilocular spermatocele: A case report
- 80 Downloads
We describe a case of a multilocular spermatocele. Ultrasound examination revealed several cystic spaces at the head of the left epididymis. Epidiymal tumor could not be excluded, and therefore surgical exploration was performed. Histopathological examination of the specimen revealed a multilocular spermatocele arising from the rete testis. Most spermatoceles remain small and rarely present marked clinical problems, but they are occasionally large, and may simultate a solid tumor.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Campbell MF. Spermatocele. J Urol 1928; 20: 485–495.Google Scholar
- 2.Crossan ET. Spermatocele. Ann Surg 1920; 72: 500.Google Scholar
- 3.Clarke BG. Spermatocele: Pathologic and surgical anatomy. Arct Surg 1963; 86: 351–355.Google Scholar
- 4.Matsuoka K, Sakai Y: Multilocular spermatocele. Nishinihon J Urol 1989; 51: 1279–1281.Google Scholar
- 7.Huggins C, Noonan WJ. Spermatocele, including its x-ray treatment. J Urol 1938; 39: 784–790.Google Scholar
- 11.Peterson RO. Urological pathology, 2nd edn. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott, 1992: 429–525.Google Scholar