Superfluid 3He Thin Films with Specularly Reflecting Walls
We calculate the specific heat of superfluid 3 He film thinner than the coherence length. In such a thin film, quantization on the confined direction makes eigenstates discrete, thus there appears a set of Fermi disks which are just like subband. Because of both the discreteness and ABM-like energy gap, the specific heat exhibits Schottky type character, which becomes conspicuous in special thin region.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. R. Schechetcr, R. W. Simmoncls, R. E. Packard and J. C. Davis, Nature 396 (1998) 554.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Furukwa and T. Ohmi, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 68 (1999) 3931.Google Scholar
- 3.Z.Tesanovic and O. T. Valls: Phys. Rev. B33 (1986) 3139.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Nagato, M. Yamamoto and K. Nagai: J. Low Temp. Phys. 110 (1998) 1135.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Nakajiina, Prog. Theor. Phys. 50 (1973) 1101.Google Scholar