Cathodoluminescence of Cd4SiS6 , Cd4SiSe6 , and Si-Doped CdS, CdSe, and CdTe Crystals
- 46 Downloads
CdS, CdSe, and CdTe single crystals were vapor-phase-doped with the corresponding silicon chalcogenides under nearly equilibrium conditions. Cathodoluminescence studies revealed that the Si dopant produced new luminescence centers in the crystals. The cathodoluminescence spectra of Cd4SiS6and Cd4SiSe6crystals were measured. Metastable, sphalerite CdS〈Si〉 and CdSe〈Si〉 films were grown under highly nonequilibrium conditions. The maximum of edge emission in their spectra was redshifted as compared to the stable materials. The CdS〈Si〉 and CdSe〈Si〉 crystals were shown to be photosensitive.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Vlasenko, N.A., Vitrikhovskii, N.I., Denisova, Z.L., et al., On the Nature of Emission Centers in Pure Cadmium Sulfide, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz., 1966, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1427–1429.Google Scholar
- 2.Wachtel, A., ZnS:Cu,Si Phosphors, J. Electrochem. Soc., 1961, vol. 108, no. 6, pp. 534–540.Google Scholar
- 3.Odin, I.N., Physicochemical Analysis of Ternary and Mutual Ternary Systems Containing Cadmium, Zinc, Silicon, and Bismuth Chalcogenides and the Properties of Materials in These Systems, Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1996, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 941–953.Google Scholar
- 4.Odin, I.N. and Ivanov, V.A., Phase Equilibria in the Cd-Si-Se System and Properties of Cd4SiSe6, Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1991, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 2937–2943.Google Scholar
- 5.Odin, I.N. and Ivanov, V.A., Liquidus Surface in the Cd-Si-Te System, Zh. Neorg. Khim., 1991, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1837–1841.Google Scholar
- 6.Odin, I.N., Chukichev, M.V., and Galiulin, E.A., Preparation and Luminescent Properties of CdX〈Ge〉 ?and CdX〈Sn〉 ?(X=S, Se) Crystals, Neorg. Mater., 1999, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1304–1306 [Inorg. Mater. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1115-1117].Google Scholar
- 7.Gavrilenko, V.I., Grekhov, A.M., Korbutyak, D.V., et al., Opticheskie svoistva poluprovodnikov (Optical Properties of Semiconductors), Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1987.Google Scholar