Small Birdcage Resonator for Low Temperature NMR Experiments
- 52 Downloads
We describe a compact birdcage resonator for low temperature NMR experiments in the frequency range 250–500 MHz. The resonator is completely shielded and thermally isolated from the sample cell, permitting the application of high-power NMR pulses with minimal sample heating. It is fabricated from Kapton-copper laminate using printed-circuit techniques to form the required array of inductive and capacitive elements.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Sample Cell Minimal Sample Sample Heating Capacitive Element
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. E. Hayes, W. A. Edelstein, J. F. Schenck, O. M. Mueller, and M. Eash, J.Magnetic Resonance 63, 622–628 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.W. U. Roffmann, S. Crozier, K. Luescher, and D.D. Doddrell, J. Magnetic Resonance. B 111, 174 (1996).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Nunes, Rev. Sci. Instrum.61, 1154 (1990).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Roni, P. Thibault, and G. Vermeulen, J. Low Temp. Phys. 110,393 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Candela, D. R. McAllaster, and L.-J. Wei, Phys. Rev. B 44, 7510(1991).Google Scholar
- 7.C.-N. Chen, D. I. Hoult, and V. J. Sank, J. Magnetic Resonance 54,324 (1983).Google Scholar