A Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship (QSAR) Study of Alkylpyrazine Odor Modalities
- 48 Downloads
The odor strength of a series of alkylpyrazines has been quantitatively investigated applying molecular connectivity, molecular shape, and the recently developed electrotopological state indices. The successful use of the latter parameters indicates that both electronic and topological features contribute to the odor strength of the compounds under study, while the specific role of the two nitrogen atoms is revealed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. E. Amoore. Specific anosmia: A clue to the olfactory code. Nature 214:1095–1098 (1967).Google Scholar
- 2.L. B. Kier and L. H. Hall. Molecular Connectivity in Structure Activity Analysis, John Wiley London, 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.L. B. Kier. A shape index for molecular graphs. Quant. Struct.-Act.Relat. 4:109–116 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.L. B. Kier. Shape indexes of orders one and three from molecular graphs. Quant. Struct.-Act. Relat. 5:1–7 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.L. B. Kier. Distinguishing atom differences in a molecular graph shape index. Quant. Struct.-Act. Relat. 5:7–12 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.L. B. Kier and L. H. Hall. An electrotopological state index for atoms in molecules. Pharm. Res. 7:801–807 (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.L. H. Hall, B. Mohney, and L. B. Kier. The electrotopological state: Structure information at the atomic level for molecular graphs. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 31:76–82 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.L. H. Hall, B. Mohney, and L. B. Kier. The electrotopological state: An atom index for QSAR. Quant. Struct.-Act. Relat. 10:43–52 (1991).Google Scholar
- 9.L. B. Kier, L. H. Hall, and J. W. Frazer. An index of electro-topological state for atoms in molecules. J. Math. Chem. 7:229–241 (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.R. Teranishi, R. G. Buttery, and D. G. Guadagni. Odor quality and chemical structure in fruit and vegetable flavors. Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 237:209–216 (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.L. B. Kier and L. H. Hall. A differential molecular connectivity index. Quant. Struct.-Act. Relat. 10:134–140 (1991).Google Scholar