Biotransformation of 10-deoxoartemisinin to its 7β-hydroxy derivative by Mucor ramannianus
- 74 Downloads
10-Deoxoartemisinin at 0.2 mg ml−1 medium was transformed to 7β-hydroxy deoxoartemisinin by Mucor ramannianus growing on sucrose, 20 g l−1, and peptone, 10 g l−1, at pH 4 and 26 °C. The yield of product was increased from 16% to 45% by selecting optimal culture conditions using a 25−2 factorial design.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Avery MA, Alvim-Gaston M, Woolfrey JR (1999a) Synthesis and structure-activity relationships of peroxidic antimalarials based on artemisinin. Adv. Med. Chem. 4: 125-217.Google Scholar
- Avery BA, Venkatesh KK, Avery MA (1999b) Rapid determination of artemisinin and related analogs by high-performance liquid chromatography and an evaporative light scattering detector. J. Chromatogr. B730: 71-80.Google Scholar
- Cumming JN, Ploypradith P, Posner GH (1997) Antimalarial activity of artemisinin (Qinghaosu) and related trioxanes: mechanism( s) of action. Adv. Pharmacol. 37: 253-286.Google Scholar
- Jung M, Li X, Bustos DA, Elsohly HN, Mcchesney JD, Milhous WK (1990) Synthesis and antimalarial activity of (+)-deoxoartemisinin. J. Med. Chem. 33: 1516-1518.Google Scholar
- Khalifa SI, Baker JK, Jung M, Mcchesney JD, Hufford CD (1995) Microbial and mammalian metabolism studies on the semisynthetic antimalarial, deoxoartemisinin. Pharm. Res. 12: 1493-1498.Google Scholar
- Leuenberger HGW (1984) Methodology. In: Rehm HJ, Reed G, eds. Biotechnology, Vol. 6a. Weinheim: Verlag Chemie, pp. 5-29.Google Scholar
- Logothetis N (1992) Managing for Total Quality-From Deming to Taguchi and SPC. London: Prentice Hall International Ltd.Google Scholar
- Lundstedt T, Seifert E, Abramo L, Thelin B, Nyström A, Pettersen J, Bergman R (1998) Experimental design and optimization, Chemom. Intell. Lab. Syst. 42: 3-40.Google Scholar
- Plou FJ, Cruces MA, Pastor E, Ferrer M, Bernabé M, Ballesterose A (1999) Acylation of sucrose with vinyl esters using immobilized hydrolases: demonstration that chemical catalysis may interfere with enzymatic catalysis. Biotechnol. Lett. 21: 635-639.Google Scholar
- Vroman JA, Alvim-Gaston M, Avery MA (1999) Current progress in the chemistry, medicinal chemistry and drug design of artemisinin based antimalarials. Curr. Pharm. Des. 5: 101-138.Google Scholar