Quantum confinement effect in SiO2 films containing Ge microcrystallites
- 45 Downloads
SiO2 thin films embedded with Ge microcrystallites (Ge-SiO2 films) were prepared by RF-magnetron co-sputtering method from a composite target of Ge and SiO2. The average size of Ge crystallites can be modulated by the experiment parameters. The optical absorption and non-linear optical properties of Ge-SiO2 films were measured. The blue shift of the optical absorption edge, the saturated absorption and two-photon absorption under the condition of resonant absorption have been observed, and are discussed according to the quantum confinement effect.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AL. L. EFROS and A. L. EFROS, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 16 (1982) 772.Google Scholar
- 2.L. E. BRUS, IEEE J. Quantum Electron 22 (1986) 1909.Google Scholar
- 3.R. K. JAIN and R. C. LIND, J. Opt. Soc. Am. 73 (1983) 647.Google Scholar
- 4.D. COTTER, Electron Lett. 22 (1986) 693.Google Scholar
- 5.A. NAKAMURA, T. TOKIZAKI et al., J. Lumin. 53 (1992) 105.Google Scholar
- 6.YAO WEIGUO et al., Science in China A 39 (1996) 991.Google Scholar
- 7.M. SHEIK-BAHAL, A. A. SAID et al., IEEE J. Quantum Electron 26 (1990) 760.Google Scholar
- 8.S. FURUKAWA and T. MIYASATO, Phys. Rev. B 38 (1988) 5726.Google Scholar
- 9.Y. KOYANUMA,.ibid. 38 (1988) 9797.Google Scholar
- 10.S. V. NAIR, L. M. RAMANIAH and K. C. RUSTAGI,.ibid. 45 (1992) 5969.Google Scholar