Stabilization of a Reentry Vehicle by a Partial Spin-up during Uncontrolled Descent
- 52 Downloads
Stabilization of a reentry vehicle (RV) by a partial spin-up of it is considered for the case of uncontrolled descent into the atmosphere. In this case, the vehicle is a composite construction consisting of two rigid bodies, a return capsule and a stabilizing block, which is put in rotation. A model is developed for the spatial motion of the reentry vehicle considered as a system of coaxial rigid bodies rotating about a common axis of symmetry. The free motion is studied, and the stability of steady-state regimes is analyzed. The spatial motion of the system is considered for the case of a small asymmetry due to displacement of the axes of dynamic symmetry of the bodies with respect to the spin axis, and approximate solutions for the motion parameters of the free system are found.
KeywordsAtmosphere Approximate Solution Rigid Body Free Motion Motion Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yaroshevskii, V.A., Dvizhenie neupravlyaemogo tela v atmosfere (Motion of an Uncontrolled Body in the Atmosphere), Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.Aslanov, V.S. and Myasnikov, S.V., Stability of Nonlinear Resonance Modes of Spacecraft Motion in the Atmosphere, Kosm. Issled., 1996, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 626-632.Google Scholar
- 3.Aslanov, V.S. and Proshletsov, A.I., Motion of a Spacecraft with Small Weights Fixed at Unreeled Filaments, in Trudy XXX Chtenii, posvyashchennykh razrabotke nauchnogo naslediya i razvitiyu idei K.E. Tsiolkovskogo, (Proc. XXX Readings on K.E. Tsiolkovsky's Heritage and Development of His Ideas), Moscow, 1996, pp. 59-63.Google Scholar
- 4.Neishtadt, A.I. and Pivovarov, M.L., Transition through a Separatrix in Dynamics of a Satellite with Binary Rotation, Prikl. Matem. Mekh., 2000, vol. 64, no. 5.Google Scholar
- 5.Mekhanika. Novoe v zarubezhnoi nauke. Zadachi stabilizatsii sostavnykh sputnikov, (Mechanics. News of Foreign Science. Problems of Stabilization of Composite Satellite), Beletskii V.V., Ed., Moscow: Mir, 1975.Google Scholar
- 6.Bukhgol'ts, N.N., Osnovnoi kurs teoreticheskoi mekhaniki. Ch. 2 (Fundamental Course of Theoretical Mechanics, Part 2), Moscow: Nauka, 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.Moiseev, N.N., Asimptoticheskie metody nelineinoi mekhaniki (Asymptotical Methods of Nonlinear Mechanics), Moscow: Nauka, 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.Nemytskii, V.V. and Stepanov, V.V., Kachestvennaya teoriya differentsial'nykh uravnenii (Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations), Moscow: Gos. izd. tekh.-teor. lit., 1949.Google Scholar