Microarray analysis of piceatannol-induced changes in gene expression in human gastric cancer cells
- 52 Downloads
Piceatannol, isolated from the roots of Rheum undulatum, prevented oxygen radical formation and inhibited lipid peroxidation; the effective concentrations were 25 μM for a radical scavenging assay and 2.1 μM for a microsome assay. Using cDNA microarray analysis to determine which genes were modulated by piceatannol, 33 genes were up-regulated while 157 genes were down-regulated in the human gastric cancer cell line.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akashi H, Han HJ, Iizaka M, Nakamura Y (2000) Growthsuppressive effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on 11 colon-cancer cell lines and fluorescence differential display of genes whose expression is influenced by sulindac. Int. J. Cancer 88: 873-880.Google Scholar
- Cozzi A, Corsi B, Levi S, Santambrogio P, Albertini A, Arosio P (2000) Overexpression of wild-type and mutated human ferritin 467 H-chain in HeLa cells: in vivo role of ferritin ferroxidase activity. J. Biol. Chem. 275: 25122-25129.Google Scholar
- Fogel-Petrovic M, Shappel NW, Bergeran RJ, Porter CW (1993) Polyamine and polyamine analog regulation of spermidine/ spermine N_-acetyltransferase in MALME-3M human melanoma cells. J. Biol. Chem. 268: 19118-19125.Google Scholar
- Han JT, Oh SJ, Kim HY, Park YD, Baek NI (2000) Hyperin, antioxidant compounds isolated from the branch of Uncaria rhynchophylla Miq. J. Korean Soc. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol. 43: 78-80.Google Scholar
- Hirama T, Miller CW, Koeffler HP (1999) Translocation-associated protein alpha transcripts are induced by granulocyte macrophage colony stimulating factor and exhibit complex alternative polyadenylation. FEBS Lett. 455: 223-227.Google Scholar
- Hosoya H, Ishikawa K, Dohi N, Marunouchi T (1996) Transcriptional and post transcriptional regulation of Pr22(op18) with proliferation control. Cell Struct. Funct. 21: 237-243.Google Scholar
- Kashiwada Y, Nonaka G, Nishioka I (1984) Studies on Rhubarb. VI. Isolation and characterization of stilbenes. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 32: 3501-3517.Google Scholar
- Kehrer JP (1993) Free radicals as mediators of tissue injury and disease. Crit. Rev. Toxicol. 23: 21-48.Google Scholar
- Packer L (1992) Interactions among antioxidants in health and disease: vitamin E and its redox cycle. Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 200: 271-276.Google Scholar
- Waffo-Teguo P, Fauconneau B, Deffieux G, Huguet F, Vercauteren J, Merillon JM (1998) Isolation, identification, and antioxidant activity of three stilbene glucosides newly extracted from Vitis vinifera cell cultures. J. Nat. Prod. 61: 655-657.Google Scholar
- Wick W, Grimmel C, Wild-Bode C, Platten M, Arpin M, Weller M (2001) Ezrin-dependent promotion of glioma cell clonogenicity, mobility, and invasion modulated by Bcl-2 and transforming growth factor-beta 2. J. Neurosci. 21: 3360-3368.Google Scholar
- Yagi K (1976) A simple fluorometric assay for lipoperoxide in blood plasma. Biochem. Med. 15: 212-216.Google Scholar