Configuration Spaces of Points on the Circle and Hyperbolic Dehn Fillings, II (Dedicated to Professor Mitsuyoshi Kato on his 60th birthday)/atl>
- 54 Downloads
In our previous paper (Topology38 (1999), 497–516), we discussed the hyperbolization of the configuration space of n (≥ 5) marked points with weights in the projective line up to projective transformations. A variation of the weights induces a deformation. It was shown that this correspondence of the set of the weights to the Teichmüller space when n = 5 and to the Dehn filling space when n = 6 is locally one-to-one near the equal weight. In this paper, we establish its global injectivity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ahara, K. and Yamada, K.: Shapes of hexagrams, J.Math. Sci. Univ. Tokyo 6 (1999), 539-558.Google Scholar
- 2.Bavard, C. and Ghys, E.: Polygones du plan et polyèdres hyperboliques, Geom. Dedicata 43 (1992), 207-224.Google Scholar
- 3.Culler, M. and Shalen, P.: Varieties of group representations and splittings of 3-manifolds, Ann. of Math. 117 (1983), 109-146.Google Scholar
- 4.Hodgson, C. and Kerckhoff, S.: Rigidity of hyperbolic cone-manifolds and hyperbolic Dehn surgery, J. Differential Geom. 48 (1998), 1-59.Google Scholar
- 5.Kapovich, M. and Millson, J.: On the moduli space of polygons in the Euclidean plane, J. Differential Geom. 42 (1995), 133-164.Google Scholar
- 6.Kojima, S. and Yamashita, Y.: Shapes of stars, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 117 (1993), 845-851.Google Scholar
- 7.Kojima, S., Nishi, N. and Yamashita, Y.: Configuration spaces of points on the circle and hyperbolic Dehn fillings, Topology 38 (1999), 497-516.Google Scholar
- 8.Neumann, W. and Zagier, D.: Volumes of hyperbolic 3-manifolds, Topology 24 (1985), 307-332.Google Scholar
- 9.Thurston, W.: Geometry and Topology of 3-Manifolds, Lecture Notes, Princeton Univ., 1977/78.Google Scholar
- 10.Thurston, W.: Shapes of polyhedra and triangulations of the sphere, Geom. Topol. Monogr. 1 (1998), 511-549.Google Scholar