Noble Metal Nanoparticles Incorporated in Mesoporous Hosts
- 155 Downloads
Noble metal nanoparticle containing [Me]x-MCM-41 were synthesized using surfactant stabilised palladium, iridium and rhodium nanoparticles in the synthesis gel. The materials were characterised with XRD, ICP AES, TA, TEM and nitrogen sorption, which showed that the nanoparticles were present inside the pores of MCM-41. The [Me]x-MCM-41 were found to be active and selective catalysts in the hydrogenation of cyclic olefins such as cyclohexene, cyclooctene, cyclododecene and norbornene.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C.T. Kresge, M.E. Leonowicz, W.J. Roth, J.C. Vartuli and J.S. Beck, Nature 359 (1992) 710.Google Scholar
- C.T. Kresge, J.C. Vartuli, W.J. Roth, M.E. Leoniwicz, J.S. Beck, K.D. Schmidt, C.T.-W. Chu, D.H. Olson, E.W. Sheppard, S.B. McCullen, J.B. Higgins and J.L. Schlenker, Sci. Technol. Catal. (1994) 11.Google Scholar
- A. Sayari, Stud. Surf. Sci. Catal. 102 (1996) 1.Google Scholar
- M.T. Reetz and W. Helbig, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 116 (1994) 740.Google Scholar
- H. Bönnemann et al., J. Mol. Catal. 86 (1994) 129.Google Scholar
- M. Reinikainen, M.K. Niemelä, N. Kakuta and S. Suhonen, Appl. Catal. A 174 (1998) 61.Google Scholar
- W.-T. Chueh and G.L. Haller, in: 15th Meeting of the North American Catalysis Society, Chicago, IL, 1997, p. 2.Google Scholar
- W.S. Siffert, D.Y. Murzin and F. Garin, Appl. Catal. A 178 (1999) 85.Google Scholar
- G.C. Bond, in: Catalysis from A to Z. A Concise Encyclopedia, Eds. B. Cornils, W.A. Hermann, R. Schlögl and C.-H. Wong (Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2000) p. 282.Google Scholar
- N.L. Allinger and J.T. Sprague, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 94 (1972) 5743.Google Scholar