Deposition and Emission Fluxes of Acidifying Compounds on the Territory of Belarus
- 24 Downloads
In the paper trends of precipitates acidity, acidifying compounds wet deposition and emission on the territory of Belarus in the last decade are considered. Trend of acidity of precipitates in 90th on the territory of Belarus was detected. But at the same time heterogeneity of measurement sites was revealed. For 90th statistically approved trend of sulphur deposition reduction have been showed. The intensity of deposition of nitrates has great heterogeneity. Levels of deposition of sulphur and nitrogen on the territory of Belarus in the long-term scale as a whole correlate with levels of SO2 and NOx emission on territory of Europe. This is due to the fact that peculiarities of geographical situation of Belarus have caused prevalence of transboundary component in structure of atmospheric depositions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kakareka S.: 1995, ‘Precipitates of Sulphur and Nitrogen Compounds on Belarusian territory', in The National Report on Environmental Conditions in the Republic of Belarus, Minsk, pp. 22–25.Google Scholar
- Gilbert R.: 1987, Statistical Methods for Environmental Pollution Monitoring. New York, Van Nostrand Reinhold.Google Scholar
- A Contribution from CCC to the Reevaluation of the Observed Trends in Sulphur and Nitrogen in Europe 1978–1998: 2000, EMEP/CCC-Report 7.Google Scholar
- Aas W., Hjellbrekke A.-G., Schaug J.: 2000, Data Quality 1998, Quality Assurance, and Field Comparisons. EMEP/CCC report 6.Google Scholar
- Transboundary Acidifying Air Pollution in Europe: 1998, MSC-W Status Report, Part 1.Google Scholar
- Transboundary Acid Deposition in Europe: 1999, EMEP Summary Report.Google Scholar