Transport of Atmospheric Pollutants from East Asia
- 81 Downloads
Air-borne measurements of air pollutants transported from northeast Asia to Japan and the Pacific Ocean were carried out three times from 1996 to 1999 over the seas between Japan and Asian Continent. Those campaigns were named PEACAMPOT II under auspices of the IGAC/APARE program. A transport pattern of a highly polluted air mass from central China was found. Such air mass was driven by the quick movement of low pressure traveling from Taiwan area to the northeast of Japan. This finding supported well the results of modeling studies for long-range transport of atmospheric pollutants from East Asia.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Galloway, J. N.: 1990, ‘The Intercontinental Transport of Sulfur and Nitrogen', in A. H. Knap and M.-S. Kaiser (eds.), The Long-Range Atmospheric Transport of Natural and Contaminant Substances, Kluwer, Dordrecht, pp. 87–104.Google Scholar
- Hatakeyama, S., Murano, K., Bandow, H., Sakamaki, F., Yamato, M., Tanaka, S., and Akimoto, H.: 1995a, Journal of Geophysical Research, 100, 23143.Google Scholar
- Hatakeyama, S., Murano, K., Bandow, H., Mukai, H., and Akimoto, H.: 1995b, Terrestrial, Atmospheric and Oceanicic Science, 6, 403.Google Scholar
- Hatakeyama, S., Murano, K., Mukai, H., Sakamaki, F., Bandow, H., Watanabe, I., Yamato, M., Tanaka, S., and Akimoto, H.: 1997, Journal of Aerosol Research, Japan, 12, 91.Google Scholar
- Hatakeyama, S.: 1998, Data of IGAC/APARE/PEACAMPOT Aircraft and Ground-based Observations '91–'95 Collective Volume, CGER-D014(CD)-'98, Center for Global Environmental Research, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan.Google Scholar
- Uno, I., Ohara, T., and Murano, K.:1998, ‘Simulated acidic aerosol long-range transport and deposition over East Asia—role of synoptic-scale weather systems', in: S.-E. Grying and N. Chaumerliac (eds.), Air Pollution Modeling and Its Application XII, Plenum, New York, pp. 185–192.Google Scholar
- Watanabe, I., Nakanishi, M., Tomita, J., Hatakeyama, S., Murano, K., Mukai, H., and Bandow, H.: 1998, Environmental Pollution, 102,S1, 253.Google Scholar