Differentiation of apoptotic and necrotic cells in suspension cultures of Taxus cuspidata by the combined use of fluorescent dying and histochemical staining methods
- 192 Downloads
A method to differentiate apoptotic and necrotic cells in suspension cultures of Taxus cuspidata was developed by the combined use of the double-fluorescence dying and histochemical staining methods. The cultured cells were directly detected without the operations such as the removal of cell wall, fixing and section of cells as required by other conventional methods. Besides, the living cells, apoptotic and necrotic cells were simultaneously differentiated under a fluorescence microscope and the typical apoptotic morphological features could be observed throughout the whole process. The advantages of this method include simple operation, quick response and high accuracy.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fattoretti P, Bertoni-Freddari C, Caselli U, Paoloni R, Casoli T (1998) Quantitative cytochemistry of succinic dehydrogenase activity in rat mitochondria. Ann. Quant. Cytol. Histol. 20: 521-525.Google Scholar
- Gaff DF, Okong'O-Ogola O (1971) The use of non-permeating pigments for testing the survival of cells. J. Exp. Bot. 22: 756-758.Google Scholar
- Katsuhara M, Kawasaki T (1996) Salt stress induced nuclear and DNA degradation inmeristematic cells of barley roots. Plant Cell Physiol. 38: 169-173.Google Scholar
- Mittler R, Lam E (1995) In situ detection of nDNA fragmentation during the differention of tracheary elements in higher plants. Plant Physiol. 103: 489-493.Google Scholar
- Nagarathnamma, Rajan MM, Sureshkumar GK (1997) Apoptosis extent increases in hybridoma cultures with temperature. Biotechnol. Lett. 19: 669-673.Google Scholar
- Navarre D, Wolpert TJ (1999) Victorin induction of an apoptosis/senescence-like response in oats. Plant Cell 11: 237-249.Google Scholar
- Ormerod MG, Sun XM, Brown D, Snowden RT, Cohen GM(1993a) Quantification of apoptosis and necrosis by flow cytometry. Acta Oncol. 32: 417-424.Google Scholar
- Ormerod MG, Sun XM, Snowden RT, Davies R (1993b) Increased membrane permeability of apoptotic thymocytes: a flow cytometric study. Cytometry 14: 595-602.Google Scholar
- Steller H (1995) Mechanism and genes of cellular suicide. Science 267: 1445-1499.Google Scholar
- Williams GT, Smith CA (1993) Molecular regulation of apoptosis: genetic controls on cell death. Cell 74: 777–784.Google Scholar
- Wu ZL, Yuan YJ, Ma ZH, Hu ZD (2000) Kinetics of two-liquidphase Taxus cuspidata cell culture for production of Taxol. Biochem. Eng. J. 5: 137-142.Google Scholar