On the Dirichlet Problem with an Asymptotic Condition for an Elliptic System Strongly Degenerate at a Point
We consider a Dirichlet‐type problem for a system of elliptic equations of second order with a strong degeneracy at an inner point of the domain, when, in a neighborhood of this point, the principal term of the asymptotics of a solution is additionally given. We prove the existence and uniqueness of a solution of the problem considered in a weighted class of Hölder vector functions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Janušauskas, Analytical Theory of Elliptic Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Novosibirsk (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Lorenz, An elliptic differential operator degenerating at one point, which is hypoelliptic but not localy solvable, Math. Nachr., 120, 237–247 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Rutkauskas, On the first boundary value problem for the class of elliptic systems degenerating at an inner point, Math. Mod. Anal., 6(1), 147–155 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Rutkauskas, On the influence of the lowest terms on Dirichlet-type problems for elliptic systems degenerate at a point, Lith. Math. J., 41(3), 282–291 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Agmon, A. Douglis, and L. Nirenberg, Estimates near the boundary for solutions of elliptic partial differential equations satisfying general boundary conditions. II, Comm. Pure Appl. Math., 17, 35–92 (1964).Google Scholar
- 6.V. Solonnikov, On general boundary problems for Douglis–Nirenberg elliptic systems. I, Amer. Math. Soc. Transl. Ser. 2, 56, 193–232 (1964); II, Proc. Steklov Inst. Math., 92 (1966), 269–339 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.F. W. J. Olver, Introduction to Asymptotics and Special Functions, Acad. Press, New-York–London (1974).Google Scholar