Scattering and absorption of light by periodic and nearly periodic metallodielectric structures
- 132 Downloads
We consider the effect of different approximations to the dielectric function of a silver sphere on the absorption of light by two-dimensional and three-dimensional periodic and non-periodic arrays of non-overlapping silver spheres in a host dielectric medium. We also present some results on the band structure and the absorption coefficient of light by photonic crystals consisting of non-overlapping silver-coated spheres in a dielectric medium.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abelès F., Y. Borensztein and T. López-Rios. In: Festkörperprobleme (Advances in Solid State Physics), eds. P. Grosse, Vol. 24, Vieweg Verlag, Braunschweig, pp. 93–117, 1984.Google Scholar
- Bohren, C.F. and D.R. Huffman. Absorption and Scattering of Light by Small Particles, John Wiley, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- Johnson, R.B. and R.W. Christy. Phys. Rev. B 6 4370, 1972.Google Scholar
- Modinos, A., V. Yannopapas and N. Stefanou. Phys. Rev. B 61 8099, 2000.Google Scholar
- Soukoulis, C.M (ed.), Photonic Band Gap Materials, Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Study Institute on Photonic Band Gap Materials, Elounda, Crete, Greece, 19-30 June 1995, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 1996.Google Scholar
- Stefanou, N. and A. Modinos. J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 3 8149, 1991.Google Scholar
- Stefanou, N. and A. Modinos. J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 5 8859, 1993.Google Scholar
- Stefanou, N., V. Karathanos and A. Modinos. J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 4 7389, 1992.Google Scholar
- Taleb, A., V. Russier, A. Courty and M.P. Pileni. Phys. Rev. B 59 13350, 1999.Google Scholar
- Yannopapas, V., A. Modinos and N. Stefanou. Phys. Rev. B 60 5359, 1999.Google Scholar
- Zhang, W.Y., X.Y. Lei, Z.L. Wang, D.G. Zheng, W.Y. Tam, C.T. Chan and P. Sheng. Phys. Rev. Lett. 84 2853, 2000.Google Scholar