Protective Properties of Lead Coating with Tin Sublayer for Copper Current Leads of Negative Electrodes in Lead-acid Batteries
- 28 Downloads
The possibility of using a two-layer coating consisting of a tin sublayer and a lead layer for protection of copper current leads of negative electrodes in lead batteries was studied. The processes occurring on reflowing of the tin coating were investigated. The dependence of the protective characteristics of the tin coating on the heat treatment mode was shown to have extrema.
KeywordsCopper Heat Treatment Treatment Mode Protective Property Negative Electrode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bagshaw, N.E., Batteries on Ships, Chichester: Studies Press, a Division of Wiley, 1982.Google Scholar
- 2.Goodman, S., Batteries Int., 1992, no. 11, p. 105.Google Scholar
- 3.Kiessling, R., J. Power Sourc., 1987, vol. 19, nos. 2-3, pp. 147-150.Google Scholar
- 4.Chunts, N.I., Rusin, A.I., and Simonova, M.V., Issledovaniya v oblasti tekhnologii proizvodstva khimicheskikh istochnikov toka: Sbornik nauchnykh trudov Nauchno-issledovatel'skogo Akkumulyatornogo Instituta (Studies of the Technology of Production of Chemical Power Cells: Coll. of Sci. Works of the Research Battery Institute), Leningrad: Energoatomizdat, 1986, pp. 22-27.Google Scholar
- 5.Lushina, M.V. and Kolikova, G.A., Zh. Prikl. Khim., 1994, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 296-299.Google Scholar
- 6.Corrosion, Shreir, L.L., Ed., 2nd Ed., London: Newnes-Butterworths, 1976.Google Scholar
- 7.Dasoyan, M.A. and Aguf, I.A., Osnovy rascheta, konstruirovaniya i tekhnologii proizvodstva svintsovykh akkumulyatorov (Principles of Calculation, Design, and Technology of Lead Battery Production), Leningrad: Energiya, 1978.Google Scholar