Recent progress in the theory of the complex atomic hyperfine structure
- 47 Downloads
The revised analysis of the hyperfine structure of the complex atoms on several selected examples has been performed. The complete set of corrections up to the second order perturbation theory has been taken into account and the accuracy of the wave functions in the intermediate coupling scheme has been carefully checked. The still remaining discrepancies suggest that the commonly used approximate model of the hyperfine structure might require revision.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N.F. Ramsey, Molecular Beams (Oxford Univ. Press, London, 1956).Google Scholar
- W.J. Childs, Case Study At. Phys. 3 (1973) 215.Google Scholar
- B.R. Judd, Proc. Roy. Soc. London Ser. A 82 (1963) 874.Google Scholar
- P.G.H. Sandars, Adv. in Chem. Phys. 14 (1969) 365.Google Scholar
- I. Lindgren and A. Rosén, Case Study At. Phys. 4 (1974) 250.Google Scholar
- S. Büttgenbach, Hyperfine Structure in 4d-and 5d-Shell Atoms (Springer, Berlin, 1982).Google Scholar
- L. Armstrong Jr., Theory of the Hyperfine Structure of Free Atoms (Willey-Interscience, New York, 1971).Google Scholar
- I. Lindgren and J. Morrison, Atomic Many-Body Theory (Springer, Berlin, 1982).Google Scholar
- J.S. Grossman, L.A. Orozco, M.R. Pearson and G.D. Sprouse, APAC99 Book of Abstracts, Thu-11 (University of Mainz, 1999).Google Scholar