Calculation of the hyperfine structure of heavy H and Li like ions
- 150 Downloads
The present status of calculations of the hyperfine splitting and the transition probability between the hyperfine splitting components in hydrogen and lithium like ions is discussed. The results of the calculations are compared with recent experimental data. A special attention is focused on the hyperfine splitting in hydrogen like lead and lithium like bismuth. It is shown that the theoretical prediction for the ground state hyperfine splitting in lead based on the single particle nuclear model for the Bohr-Weisskopf effect is in fair agreement with experiment. The theoretical prediction for the ground state hyperfine splitting in lithium like bismuth is improved due to more accurate calculations of the interelectronic interaction, QED, and nuclear corrections.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V.M. Shabaev, in: Atomic Physics with Heavy Ions, eds. H.F. Beyer and V.P. Shevelko (Springer, Berlin, 1999) p. 139.Google Scholar
- P. Seelig, S. Borneis, A. Dax, T. Engel, S. Faber, M. Gerlach, C. Holbrow, G. Huber, T. Kühl, D. Marx, K. Meier, P. Merz, W. Quint, F. Schmitt, M. Tomaselli, L. Völker, H. Winter, M. Würtz, K. Beckert, B. Franzke, F. Nolden, H. Reich, M. Steck and T. Winkler, Phys. Rev. Lett. 81 (1998) 4824.CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- H. Winter, S. Borneis, A. Dax, S. Faber, T. Kühl, D. Marx, F. Schmitt, P. Seelig, W. Seelig, V.M. Shabaev, M. Tomaselli and M. Würtz, GSI Scientific Report (1998).Google Scholar
- M. Diederich, H. Häffner, K. Hermanspahn, M. Immel, H.-J. Kluge, R. Ley, R. Mann, S. Stahl, W. Quint, J. Verdu, G. Werth, in: Trapped Charged Particles and Fundamental Physics, eds. D.H.E. Dubin and D. Schneider, AIP Conference Proceedings (Amer. Inst. Phys., New York, 1999) p. 43.Google Scholar
- H. Häffner and W. Quint, private communication.Google Scholar