Radiation of the Point Source from an Anisotropic Plasma Cylinder
- 25 Downloads
We obtain and analyze an analytical solution to the problem of electromagnetic-wave radiation of the point electric dipole from an anisotropic plasma cylinder to free space. Two cases of the dipole orientation are considered, where the electric dipole is directed along and across a horizontal magnetic field whose direction does not coincide with the axes of a cylindrical coordinate system. We analyze how the conditions and characteristics of the resonance influence of the anisotropic plasma cylinder depend on the strength of the magnetic field and its direction with respect to the dipole moment of the source. Comparative analysis of the resonance influence of the plasma cylinder with horizontal and axial external magnetic fields is performed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Pistol'kors and V. I. Zimina, Vopr. Radioélektron., Ser. Obsh.-Tekh., 12, No. 1, 3 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Akindinov, S. M. Eremin, S. I. Kiselev, et al., Radiotekh. Élektron., 23, No. 9, 1807 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.A. M. Messiaen and P. E. Vandenplas, Electron. Lett., 3, No. 1, 26 (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Kostrov, V. A. Pakhotin, A. I. Smirnov, M. V. Starodubtsev, and A. A. Shaikin, Fiz. Plazmy, 21, No. 5, 460 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.C. C. Lin and K. M. Chen, Proc. IEE, 118, No. 1, 36 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.G. Maxam and K. M. Chen, Radio Sci., 7, No. 10, 979 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Novikov and V. Yu. Solov'ev, Vestn. St.Petersburg Univ., Ser. 4: Fiz., Khim., Pt. 4, No. 25, 27 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.T. I. Bichutskaya and G. I. Makarov, Vestn. St.Petersburg Univ., Ser. 4: Fiz., Khim., Pt. 2, No. 11, 71 (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.T. I. Bichutskaya and G. I. Makarov, Radiotekh. Élektron. (in press).Google Scholar
- 10.M. S. Kovner and G. A. Lupanov, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz., 14, No. 8, 1294 (1971).Google Scholar