The Wavelet Analysis of the Solar and Cosmic-Ray Data
- 75 Downloads
Results of the wavelet power spectrum (WPS) analysis(which covers the 1969–1998 years) obtained using the daily data of the following parameters: (i) the Mt. Wilson Magnetic Plage Strength index (MPSI), (ii) the solar LDE-type flare index (LDE-FI) and (iii) the Calgary cosmic-ray (CR) intensity, are reported for periods ranging between 64 and 1024 days. The temporal distribution of the WPS during the last three solar activity cycles is extremely discontinuous. A clear resemblance between the CR and LDE-FI WPS is obtained only for the 22nd solar activity cycle. Nevertheless, the CR multiperiod peak, observed in 1982, can well be identified with the WPS peaks obtained in both solar parameters under consideration. In the 21st cycle, we found significant the MPSI periods around 850–880 days (2.3–2.4 yr), while such periods are present in the LDE-FI data of the 22nd cycle. In the CR data we discerned a net periodicity around 650 days (1.7 yr).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Antalová, A.: 1999, ‘Fourier Analysis of the LDE-Type Flare Accurrence (1969–1997)’, Proc. Of the 9th European Meeting on Solar Physics, ESA SP-448, pp. 743–748.Google Scholar
- Antalová, A., Kudela, K., and Rybák, J.: 2000, The Variations of the Solar Activity and the Low Rigidity Cosmic Rays (1969–1998), ESA SP-463, pp. 281–284.Google Scholar
- Astafyeva, N. M. and Bazilevskaya, G. A.: 1999, ‘Long-Term Changes of Cosmic Ray Intensity: Spectral Behaviour and 27-Day Variations’, Phys. Chem. Earth (C) 25, 129–132.Google Scholar
- Komm, R., Howe, R., and Hill, F.: 2000, The Solar Cycle is More Than Skin Deep!, ESA SP-463, 15–20.Google Scholar
- Kudela, K., Yasue, S., Munakata, K., and Bobik, P.: 1999, ‘Cosmic Ray Variability at Different Scales: A Wavelet Approach’, 26th Int. Cosmic Ray Conf. 7, 163–166.Google Scholar
- Rybák, J., Antalová, A., and Storini, M.: 2000, The Intermittency of the Solar Intermediate-Term Periodicity (1969–1998), ESA SP-463, pp. 419–422.Google Scholar
- Storini, M. and Hofer, M. Y.: 1999, Comments on Solar Soft X-Ray Flares, ESA SP-488, 2, 889–894.Google Scholar
- Venkatesan, D., Mathews, T., Graumann, H., and Sharman, P.: 1989, Calgary Cosmic Ray Intensity Records-Super Neutron Monitor, The Calgary University, Galgary.Google Scholar