Purification and characterization of a 200[emsp4 ]kDa fructosyllysine-specific binding protein from cell membranes of U937 cells
Amadori-modified proteins are bound by macrophages and monocytes via fructosyllysine-specific receptors. Detergent extracts from U937 cell membranes were used to purify the binding proteins by affinity purification on glycated polylysine coated magnetic beads followed by SDS-PAGE. Two proteins of 200 and 100[emsp4 ]kDa were isolated. MS-analysis of the 200[emsp4 ]kDa protein showed high homologies with cellular myosin heavy chain, type A. Both fructosyllysine specific binding proteins, cellular myosin heavy chain and nucleolin, are glycosylated.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brandt R, Landmesser C, Vogt L, Hehmke B, Hanschke R, Kasbohm J, Hartmann K, Jäger B, Krantz S, Michaelis D, Differential expression of fructosyllysine-specific receptors on monocytes and macrophages and possible pathophysiological significance, Diabetologia 39, 1140–7 (1996).Google Scholar
- 2.Krantz S, Lober M, Henschel L, The nonenzymatic glycation of proteins and nucleic acids, their importance for the development of diabetic complications, possible molecular basis of aging and autoimmunological processes, Exp Clin Endocrinol 88, 257–69 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.Salazar R, Brandt R, Krantz S, Expression of fructosyllysine receptors on human monocytes and monocyte-like cell lines, Biochim Biophys Acta 1266, 57–63 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.Krantz S, Salazar R, Kellermann J, Lottspeich F, Purification and partial amino acid sequencing of a fructosyllysine-specific binding protein from cell membranes of the monocyte-like cell line U937, Biochim Biophys Acta 1266, 109–12 (1995).Google Scholar
- 5.Finot PA, Mauron J, Le blockage de la lysine par la reaction de Maillard: Synthese de N-(deoxy-1-D-fructosyl-1)-et N-(deoxy-1-D-lactulosyl-1)-L-lysine, Helv Chim Acta 52, 1488–95 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.Heukeshoven J, Dernick R, Improved silver staining procedure for fast staining in PhastSystem developing unit. I. Staining of sodium dodecylsulfate gels, Electrophoresis 8, 28–32 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.Toothaker LE, Gonzales DA, Tung N, Lemons RS, LeBeau MM, Arnaout MA, Clayton LK, Tenen DG, Cellular myosin heavy chain in human leukocytes: Isolation of 50 cDNA clones, characterization of the protein, chromosomal localization, and upregulation during myeloid differentiation, Blood 78, 1826–33 (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.Li D, Miller M, Chantler PD, Association of a cellular myosin II with anionic phospholipids and the neuronal plasma membrane, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 853–7 (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.Srivastava M, Fleming PJ, Hollard HB, Burns AL, Cloning and sequencing of human nucleolin cDNA, FEBS Lett 250, 99–105 (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.Krantz S, Michalke M, Brandt R, Salazar R, Hartmann K, Evidence for binding of in vitro glycated low-density lipoproteins by fructosyllysine-specific sites on macrophages and U937 monocyte-like cells, Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 105, 263–70 (1997).Google Scholar