A defective viral genome maintained in Escherichia coli for the generation of baculovirus expression vectors
- 202 Downloads
A novel baculovirus genome has been generated that can be maintained in Escherichia coli and which facilitates the rapid and efficient generation of recombinant baculovirus expression vectors. This genome, designated bAcGOZA, lacks a portion of the essential ORF1629 gene but includes a miniF replicon and selectable kanamycin-resistance marker. The bAcGOZA can replicate only in E. coli and can be rescued by recombination with a transfer vector containing an intact ORF1629. There is no background of non-recombinant virus.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jarvis DL (1997) Baculovirus expression vectors. In: Miller LK, ed. The Baculoviruses. New York: Plenum Press, pp. 389-431.Google Scholar
- Kitts PA, Ayres MD, Possee RD (1990) Linearization of baculovirus DNA enhances the recovery of recombinant virus expression vectors. Nucleic Acids Res. 18: 5667-5672.Google Scholar
- Kitts PA, Possee RD (1993) A method for producing recombinant baculovirus expression vectors at high frequency. BioTechniques 14: 810-817.Google Scholar
- Luckow VA, Lee SC, Barry GF, Olins PO (1993) Efficient generation of infectious recombinant baculoviruses by site-specific transposon-mediated insertion of foreign genes into a baculovirus genome propagated in Escherichia coli. J. Virol. 67: 4566-4579.Google Scholar
- O'Reilly DR, Miller LK, Luckow VA (1992) Baculovirus Expression Vectors — A Laboratory Manual. New York: W. H. Freeman and Company.Google Scholar
- Possee R, Sun TP, Howard S, Ayres M, Hill-Perkins M, Gearing K (1991) Nucleotide sequence of the Autographa californica nuclear polyhedrosis 9.4 kbp EcoRI-I and-R (polyhedrin gene) region. Virology 185: 229-241.Google Scholar
- Summers MD, Smith GE (1987) A manual of methods for baculovirus vectors and insect cell culture procedures. Texas Agricultural Experiment Station Bulletin 1555.Google Scholar
- Taylor L, Rose RE (1988) A correction in the nucleotide sequence of the Tn903 kanamycin resistance determinant in pUC4K. Nucleic Acids Res. 16: 358.Google Scholar
- Vialard JE, Richardson CD (1993) The 1,629-nucleotide open reading frame located downstream of the Autographa californica nuclear polyhedrosis virus polyhedrin gene encodes a nucleocapsid-associated phosphoprotein. J. Virol. 67: 5859-5866.Google Scholar
- Vieira J, Messing J (1982) The pUC plasmids, an M13mp7-derived system for insertion mutagenesis and sequencing with synthetic universal primers. Gene 19: 259-268.Google Scholar