Two-sided Multigrid Method for Elliptic Boundary Value Problems
- 13 Downloads
We consider a two-sided method for solving elliptic boundary value problems. On a sequence of grids the special function s is formed. On every grid the function s is refined to minimize the defect. Using the function s and the principle of monotonicity, the boundaries of exact solution s, s are constructed.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Exact Solution Computational Mathematic Industrial Mathematic Special Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dobronets, B. S.: Numerical Methods Using Defects, Reliable Computing 1 (4) (1995), pp. 383–391.Google Scholar
- 2.Dobronets, B. S.: A Posteriori Error Estimation for Partial Differential Equations, in: Alefeld, G., Frommer, A., and Lang, B. (eds), Scientific Computation and Validated Numerics, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1996, pp. 239–244.Google Scholar
- 3.Dobronets, B. S. and Shaidurov, V. V.: Two-Sided Numerical Methods, Nauka (Siberian Department), Novosibirsk, 1990 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Shaidurov, V. V.: Multigrid Methods of Finite Elements, Nauka, Moscow, 1989 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.Strang, G. and Fix, G. J.: An Analysis of the Finite Element Method, Englewood Cliffs, Prentice-Hall, 1973.Google Scholar
- 6.Varga, R.: Functional Analysis and Approximation Theory in Numerical Analysis, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1971.Google Scholar