Dielectric Properties of Homoepitaxial SrTiO3SrTiO3SrTiO3 Thin Films Grown in the Step-Flow Mode
- 83 Downloads
We have deposited SrTiO3 thin films on Nb-doped SrTiO3 substrates by pulsed laser deposition at temperatures of up to 1400°C. Reflection high energy electron diffraction was used to monitor the film growth mode at various temperatures and it was shown that growth proceeded in the step-flow mode at above 900°C. Capacitors were formed by evaporating platinum pads on the film surface and gold pads on the substrate. Films grown in the step-flow mode showed consistently higher dielectric constants below 200 K than films grown in the layer-by-layer mode. Films with the highest dielectric constant (ε) were obtained using a stoichiometric ablation target at an oxygen pressure of 10SrTiO3−6SrTiO3 Torr.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K.A. Müller and H. Burkard, Phys. Rev. B, 19, 3593 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Sakudo and H. Unoki, Phys. Rev. Lett., 26, 851 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.E. Sawaguchi, A. Kikuchi, and Y. Kodera, J. Phys. Soc. Japan, 17, 1666 (1962).Google Scholar
- 4.H.-C. Li, W. Si, A.D. West, and X.X. Xi, Appl. Phys. Lett. 73, 190 (1998).Google Scholar
- 5.A.T. Findikoglu, C. Doughty, S.M. Anlage, Q. Li, X.X. Xi, and T. Venkatesan, Appl. Phys. Lett., 63, 3215 (1993).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Lippmaa, S. Ohashi, N. Nakagawa, Y. Inaguma, M. Itoh, H. Koinuma, and M. Kawasaki, to be published.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Kawasaki, K. Takahashi, T. Maeda, R. Tsuchiya, M. Shinohara, O. Ishiyama, T. Yonezawa, M. Yoshimoto, and H. Koinuma, Science, 266, 1540 (1994).Google Scholar
- 8.J.C. Clark, J.P. Maria, K.J. Hubbard, and D.G. Schlom, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 68, 2538 (1997).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Ohashi, M. Lippmaa, N. Nakagawa, H. Nagasawa, H. Koinuma, and M. Kawasaki, Rev. Sci. Instrum., 70, 178 (1999).Google Scholar
- 10.T. Frey, C.C. Chi, C.C. Tsuei, T. Shaw, and F. Bozso, Phys. Rev. B, 49, 3483 (1994).Google Scholar