Choices in Life: A Clinical Tool for Facilitating Midlife Review
- 297 Downloads
A critical developmental task of midlife involves reviewing one's past as well as preparing for one's future. The ability to identify past choices, task responsibility for them, and utilize developing patterns in future decision making is seen as a critical component of continued adult development. The Choicemap offers a structured clinical tool to guide such a midlife review. Engaging in this process assists adults in developing choicemaking skills, and provides a powerful clinical intervention.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fowler, J. W. (1981). Stages of faith. San Francisco: Harper.Google Scholar
- Gilligan, C. (1977). In a different voice:Women's conception of the self and morality. Harvard Educational Review, 47(4), 481-517.Google Scholar
- Jung, C. G. (1933). Modern man in search of a soul. New York: Harcourt, Brace, and World.Google Scholar
- Kegan, R. (1994). In over our heads: The mental demands of modern life. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Levinson, D. J.,Darrow, C. N.,Klein, E. B.,Levinson, M. H., andMcKee, B. (1978). The seasons of a man's life. NewYork: Alfred A. Knopf.Google Scholar