Lake Urmia, Iran: A summary review
- 309 Downloads
The major hydrological, morphometric and chemical features of Lake Urmia, a large salt lake in Iran, are briefly reviewed. Some comments are made on bacteriological quality of the lake sediments.
Lake Urmia Iran salt lakes saline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anon. 1987. A study report on natural lakes of Azarbayjan Province. Ministry of Energy, Tehran (in Persian).Google Scholar
- Anon. 1991–1993. [A study for the establishment of natural park on the islands of Urmia Lake]. Environment Protection Bureau of West Azarbayjan Province, Vols. 1–3. Tehran (in Persian)Google Scholar
- Ghaheri, M. 1997. An introduction to Iranian lakes: Urmia Lake. Proceedings of Lacar '97 Conference, Lacar, Argentina, ILEC.Google Scholar
- Jalali, B. 1984. A report on Urmia Lake. Ministry of Energy, Tehran (in Persian).Google Scholar
- Nargan Consultant Engineers, 1992. A review of E.P.O. report on Urmia Lake, Vol. 2. Teheran.Google Scholar
- Water Bureau, 1987. Iranian Lakes. Ministry of Energy, Tehran (in Persian).Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 1999