Single step purification of a wheat 9 kDa lipid transfer protein secreted by Pichia pastoris
Pichia pastoris produced large quantities of a wheat 9 kDa lipid transfer protein as a recombinant secreted protein. A single step procedure applying the yeast culture directly to expanded-bed Streamline SP-XL was used to purify it 4 times. From 700 ml of culture, 476 mg of highly purified LTP were obtained in one day. This represents a 6-fold higher yield in comparison to the five days purification scheme it replaces.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cregg JM, Vedvick TS, Raschke WC (1993) Bio/Technology 4: 905-910.Google Scholar
- Dieryck W, Lullien-Pellerin V, Marion D, Joudrier P, Gautier M-F (1995) Protein Express. Purif. 6: 597-603.Google Scholar
- Hjorth R (1997) Trends Biotechnol. 15: 230-235.Google Scholar
- Kader JC (1997) Trends Plant Sci. 2: 66-70.Google Scholar
- Klein C, de Lamotte-Guéry F, Gautier F, Moulin G, Boze H, Joudrier P, Gautier M-F (1998) Protein Express. Purif. 13: 73-82.Google Scholar
- Marion D (1992) Cereal Chem. Technol. 57-62.Google Scholar
- Sorensen S, Bech LM, Muldbjerg M, Beenfeldt T, Breddam K (1993) MBAA Techn. Quart. 30: 136-145.Google Scholar
- Zhou H, Huxtable S, Xin H, Li N (1998) Protein Express. Purif. 14: 178-184.Google Scholar