Research Progress of Advanced Titanium Alloys in Korea
A brief review of some research works for the advanced titanium alloys carried out at the Center for Advanced Aerospace Materials (CAAM) and Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM) has\break been described. New titanium alloys having superior superplastic characteristics as compared to the conventional Ti-6Al-4V alloy has been developed and the fatigue crack propagation behavior of a gamma TiAl alloy has been investigated. Current status of titanium research and developments in Korea is also briefly described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Eylon, S. Fujishiro, P.J. Postons, and F.H. Froes, in Titanium Technology, edited by F.H. Froes, D. Eylon, and H.B. Bomberger (The Titanium Development Association, 1985), p. 87.Google Scholar
- 2.C.S. Lee, C. Choi, and Y.T. Lee, Bull. of the Korea Inst. of Met. and Mater. 7(3), 236 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.F.H. Froes and J.R. Pickens, J. Met. 43, 40 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.D. Eylon, Beta titanium alloys, in Proc. of the 3rd International Symposium, edited by T. Kishi, N. Takada, and Y. Kagawa (1993), p. 1588.Google Scholar
- 5.Y.W. Kim, J. Met. 43, 24 (1989).Google Scholar
- 6.T.W. Farthing, Titanium Science and Technology 84(Munich, 1984), p. 39.Google Scholar
- 7.Oleg D. Sherby, ISIJ International 29, 698 (1989).Google Scholar
- 8.A.K. Ghosh and C.H. Hamilton, Metall. Trans. 13A, 733 (1982).Google Scholar
- 9.M.L. Meier, D.R. Lesuer, and A.K. Mukherjee, Mat. Sci. and Eng. A154, 165 (1992).Google Scholar
- 10.A. Nwobu, T. Maeda, H.M. Flower, and D.R.F. West, Mat. Sci. and Tech. 391 (1991).Google Scholar
- 11.D.L. Davidson and J.B. Campbell, Metall. Trans. A 24, 1555 (1993).Google Scholar
- 12.A.W. James and P. Bowen, Mater. Sci. Eng. A153, 486 (1992).Google Scholar
- 13.Y.T. Lee and Y.T. Hyun, Bull. of the Korea Inst. of Met. and Mater. 8(3), 286 (1995).Google Scholar