A New Approach to Optimization Under Monotonic Constraint
- 200 Downloads
A new efficient branch and bound method is proposed for solving convex programs with an additional monotonic nonconvex constraint. Computational experiments demonstrated that this method is quite practical for solving rank k reverse convex programs with much higher values of k than previously considered in the literature and can be applied to a wider class of nonconvex problems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Horst, R. and Tuy, H. (1996), Global Optimization: Deterministic Approaches, Springer, 3rd edition.Google Scholar
- 2.Konno, H., Thach, P.T. and Tuy, H. (1997), Optimization on Low Rank Nonconvex Structures, Kluwer.Google Scholar
- 3.Kuno, T., Konno, H. and Yamomoto, Y. (1992), A parametric successive underestimation method for convex programming problems with an additional convex multiplicative constraint, Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan 35: 290-299.Google Scholar
- 4.Kuno, T., Yajima, Y., Yamamoto, Y. and Konno, H. (1994), Convex programs with an additional constraint on the product of several convex functions, European Journal of Operational Research 77: 314-324.Google Scholar
- 5.Kuno, T. and Yamamoto, Y. (1998), A finite algorithm for globally optimizing a class of rank-two reverse convex constraints, Journal of Global Optimization 12: 247-265.Google Scholar
- 6.Pferschy, U. and Tuy, H. (1994), Linear programs with an additional rank two reverse convex constraint, Journal of Global Optimization 4: 441-454.Google Scholar
- 7.Thach, P.T., Burkard, R. and Oettli, W. (1991), Mathematical programs with a two dimensional reverse convex constraint, Journal of Global Optimization 1: 145-154.Google Scholar
- 8.Rubinov, A., Tuy, H. and Mays, H. (1998), Algorithm for a Monotonic Global Optimization Problem. Preprint, SIMS, University of Ballarat, Australia. To appear in Optimization.Google Scholar
- 9.Tuy, H. (1998), Convex Analysis and Global Optimization, Kluwer.Google Scholar
- 10.Tuy, H. (1999), Monotonic Optimization: Problems and Solution Approaches. Preprint, Institute of Mathematics, Hanoi. To appear in SIAM Journal on Optimization.Google Scholar
- 11.Tuy, H. and Nghia, N.D. Decomposition algorithms for reverse convex programs. To appear in Vietnam Journal of Mathematics (Springer-Verlag).Google Scholar