Oscillatory orbits in the planar three‐body problem with equal masses
- 103 Downloads
In the free‐fall three‐body problem, distributions of escape, binary, and triple collision orbits are obtained. Interpretation of the results leads us to the existence of oscillatory orbits in the planar three‐body problem with equal masses. A scenario to prove their existence is described.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Broucke, R.: 1995, On the role of the moment of inertia in three-body scattering, in A. E. Roy (ed.), From Newton to Chaos, Plenum Press, New York, pp. 327–341.Google Scholar
- Devaney, R.: 1981, Singularities in classical mechanical systems, in A. Katok (ed.), Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, Birkhäuser, Boston.Google Scholar
- Moser, J.: 1973, Stable and random motions in dynamical systems, Annals Math. Studies No. 77, Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, NJ.Google Scholar
- Nakato, M. and Aizawa, Y.: 1998 (submitted).Google Scholar
- Simó, C. and Martinez, R.: 1988, Qualitative study of the planar isosceles three-body problem, Celest. Mech. Dynam. Astron. 41, 179–251.Google Scholar
- Tanikawa, K., Umehara, H. and Abe, H.: 1995, A search for collision orbits in the free-fall three-body problem I. numerical procedure, Celest. Mech. Dynam. Astron., 335–362.Google Scholar
- Tanikawa, K. and Umehara, H.: 1996, Oscillatory orbits in the free-fall three-body problem, in H. Kinoshita and H. Nakai (eds), Proc. 28th Symp. on “Celestial Mechanics”, pp. 15–22.Google Scholar
- Umehara, H.: 1998, PhD Thesis, The Graduate University of Advanced Studies, Mitaka, Tokyo, 181 Japan.Google Scholar
- Umehara, H., Tanikawa, K. and Aizawa, Y.: 1995, Triple collision and escape in the three-body problem, in Y. Aizawa et al. (eds), Dynamical Systems and Chaos, World Scientific, Singapore, Vol. 2, pp. 404–407.Google Scholar
- Umehara, H. and Tanikawa, K.: 1996, Dominant roles of binary and triple collisions in the free-fall three-body problem, in J. C. Muzzio et al. (eds), Chaos in Gravitational N-Body Systems, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Netherland, pp. 285–290.Google Scholar