Formation of monoclonal antibody against a major ginseng component, ginsenoside Rb1 and its characterization
- 111 Downloads
The ratio of hapten and bovine serum albumin in an antigen conjugate was determined by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. A hybridoma secreting monoclonal antibody against ginsenoside Rb1 was produced by fusing splenocytes immunized with a ginsenoside Rb1- bovine serum albumin conjugate with HAT-sensitive mouse myeloma cell line, P3-X63-Ag8-653. A very small cross-reaction appeared with ginsenoside Rc and ginsenoside Rd. The full measuring range of the assay extends from 20 ngml-1 to 400 ngml-1 of ginsenoside Rb1.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Besso H, Kasai R, Saruwatari Y, Fuwa T and Tanaka O (1982) Ginsenoside-Ra1 and ginsenoside-Ra2, new dammarane-saponins of ginseng roots. Chem Pharm Bull 30: 2380-2385.Google Scholar
- Kitagawa I, Taniyama T, Shibuya H, Noda T and Yoshikawa M (1987) Chemical studies on crude drug processing. V. On the constituents of ginseng radix rubra (2): Comparison of the constituents of white ginseng and red ginseng prepared from the same Panax ginseng root. Yakugaku Zasshi 107: 495-505.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Koizumi H, Sanada S, Ida Y and Shoji J (1982) Studies on the saponins of Ginseng. IV. On the structure and enzymatic hydrolysis of ginsenoside-Ra1. Chem Pharm Bull 30: 2393-2398.Google Scholar
- Sankawa U, Sung CK, Han BH, Akiyama T and Kawashima K (1982) Radioimmunoassay for the determination of ginseng saponin, ginsenoside Rg1. Chem. Pharm. Bull. 30: 1907-1910.Google Scholar
- Shibata S (1982) Chemistry of components in ginseng. J Traditional Sino-Japanese Medicine, 3: 62-69.Google Scholar
- Shoyama Y, Matsushita H, Zhu XX and Kishira H (1995) Somatic embryogenesis in ginseng (Panax species) in Biotechnology in Agriculture and Forestry Vol 31; Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp. 343-356.Google Scholar
- Shoyama Y, Fukada T and Murakami H (1995) Production of monoclonal antibodies and ELISA for thebaine and codeine. Cytotechn 19: 44-61.Google Scholar
- Shoyama Y, Zhu XX, Nakai R and Shiraishi S (1997) Micropropagation of Panax notoginseng by somatic embryogenesis and RAPD analysis of regenerated plantlets. Plant Cell Rep 16: 450-453.Google Scholar
- Tanaka O (1973) Metabolism and disease, Vol. 10, Nakayama Shoten, Tokyo.Google Scholar
- Tanaka H, Morimoto S and Shoyama Y (1993) Cannabis 21, Biotransformation of cannabinol to its glycosides by in vitro plant tissue. J Nat Prod 56: 2058-2072.Google Scholar
- Tomoda M, Hirabayashi K, Shimizu N, Gonda R, Ohara N and Takada K (1993) Characterization of two novel polysaccharides having immunological activities from the root of Panax ginseng. Chem Pharm Bull 16: 1097-1090.Google Scholar