An interfacial edge crack in anisotropic bimaterial under anti-plane singularity
- 94 Downloads
An interfacial edge crack of a length a in two bonded dissimilar anisotropic quarter planes having an anti-plane singularity such as a screw dislocation or anti-plane line force is analyzed. The energy release rate and stress intensity factor are explicitly expressed in terms of complex potentials. The interaction problems in two bonded orthotropic quarter planes are exemplified. It is confirmed that the present solution reduces to the known solutions dealing with particular cases of the present problem.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akisanya, A. R. and Fleck, N. A. (1994). The edge cracking and decohesion of thin films. International Journal of Solids and Structures 31(23), 3175–3199.Google Scholar
- Choi, S. R., Chong, C. H. and Chai, Y. S. (1994). Interfacial edge crack in two bonded dissimilar orthotropic quarter planes under anti-plane shear. International Jouranl of Fracture 67, 143–150.Google Scholar
- Dundurs, J. and Sendeckyj, G. P. (1965). Behavior of an edge dislocation near a bimetallic interface. Journal of Applied Physics 36, 3353–3354.Google Scholar
- Hirth, J. P. and Evans, A. G. (1986). Damage of coherent multilayer structures by injection of dislocations or cracks. Journal of Applied Physics 60(7), 2372–2376.Google Scholar
- Nakahara, S., Wu, J. B. C. and Li, J. C.M. (1972). Dislocations in a welded interface between two isotropic media. Materials Science Engineering 10, 291–296.Google Scholar
- Ohr, S. M. (1985). An electron microscope study of crack tip deformation and its impact on the dislocation theory of fracture. Materials Science Engineering 72, 1–35.Google Scholar
- Rice, J. R. and Thomson, R. (1974). Ductile versus brittle behavior of crystals. Philosophy Magazine 29, 73–97.Google Scholar
- Shiue, S. T., Hu, C. T. and Lee, S. (1989). Elastic interaction between screw dislocations and a welded surface crack in composite materials. Engineering Fracture Mechanics 33(5), 697–706.Google Scholar
- Suo, Z. (1990). Singularities, interfaces and cracks in dissimilar anisotropic media. Proceeding Royal Society of London A427, 331–358.Google Scholar
- Thomson, R. (1986). Physics of fracture. Solid State Physics 39 (edited by H. Ehrenreich and D. Turnbull), Academic Press, New York, 1–129.Google Scholar
- Xu, Y., Blume, J. A. and Shih, C. F. (1993). An interface crack between an orthotropic thin film and substrate. International Journal of Fracture 63, 369–381.Google Scholar