Results of an Efficacy-Finding Study (EFS) with the Computer-Thermometer Cyclotest 2 Plus Containing 207 Cycles
- 20 Downloads
Prospectively collected cycles of 207 women were used to find out the efficacy of the Cyclotest 2 plus algorithm in detecting the fertile time in a woman's cycle. The results of the device were compared with the beginning and the end of the fertile time identified by the symptothermal method (STM) of natural family planning (NFP). It was found that the algorithm led to dangerous reduction of the fertile time (FT) in only 2 out of 207 woman cycles (0.96%). However, at the end of fertile time (FE) the device requested more abstinence than was necessary in about 12% of the cycles. We feel that more research should be performed on detecting the end of the fertile time.
KeywordsPublic Health Family Planning Natural Family Natural Family Planning Fertile Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Freundl G, Frank-Herrmann P, Gnoth C. Rhythm and devices. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health. 1998;3.Google Scholar
- 2.Arbeitsgruppe NFP. Natürlich und sicher. München: Ehrenwirth Verlag; 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.Freundl G, Bonnar J, Flynn AM, Frank-Herrmann P, Kirkman R, Snowden R. Effektivität cines neuen Verhütungscomputers “PERSONA” Bericht über Testergebnisse in Deutschland. Fortschritte in der Medizin, Originalien 1998; 1/1198:25–30.Google Scholar
- 5.Bonnar J, Collins W, Freundl G, May K, Snowden R, Senior S. Natural Contraception through Personal Hormone Monitoring. Unipath Publications; 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.Freundl G, Baur S, Bremme M et al. Temperaturcomputer zur Bestimmung der fertilen Zeit im Zyklus der Frau: Babycomp, Bioself 110, Cyclotest D. Fertilität. 1992;8:66–76.Google Scholar