On a Characterization of Integrability for the Reciprocal Weight of Orthogonal Polynomials on the Circle
- 41 Downloads
We prove a necessary and sufficient condition for integrability of the reciprocal weight function of orthogonal polynomials. The condition is given in terms of the asymptotic behaviour of the norm of extremal polynomials with prescribed coefficients.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Berriochoa, E. and Cachafeiro, A. (1999) Polynomials with minimal norm and new results in Szeg?o's theory, Complex Variables Theory Appl., to appear.Google Scholar
- Geronimus, Y. L. (1961) Orthogonal Polynomials, Consultants Bureau, New York.Google Scholar
- Golinskii, L. B., Nevai, P. and Van Assche, W. (1996) Perturbation of orthogonal polynomials on an arc of the unit circle, J. Approx. Theory 83, 392–422.Google Scholar
- Grenander, U. and Rosenblatt, M. (1954) An extension of a theorem of G. Szeg?o and its application to the study of stochastic processes, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 76, 112–126.Google Scholar
- Nevai, P. (1986) Géza Freud, orthogonal polynomials and Christoffel functions. A case study, J. Approx. Theory 48, 3–167.Google Scholar
- Szeg?o, G. (1975) Orthogonal Polynomials, 4th edn, Amer.Math. Soc., Colloq. Publ. 23, Amer.Math. Soc., Providence, 1975.Google Scholar