Enhanced paclitaxel production induced by the combination of elicitors in cell suspension cultures of Taxus chinensis
- 658 Downloads
Taxus chinensis suspension cells were cultured in the modified Gamborg's B5 medium. Addition of 50 mg chitosan l−1, 60 μM methyl jasmonate and 30 μM Ag+ resulted in the greatest paclitaxel production, at 25 mg l−1 in the cultures, being almost 40 times higher than that of the control culture, 10 times higher than that of the culture exposed to Ag+, 6 times higher than that of the culture elicited by chitosan and almost double that of the culture elicited by methyl jasmonate.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chang HN, Sim SJ (1994) Increasing secondary metabolite production in plant cell cultures with fungal elicitors. In: Shargool PD, Ngo TT, eds. Biotechnological Applications of Plant Cultures. Boca Raton: CRC Press, pp. 23–36.Google Scholar
- Ciddi V, Srinivasan V, Shuler ML (1995) Elicitation of Taxus sp. cell cultures for production of taxol. Biotechnol. Lett. 17: 1343–1346.Google Scholar
- Dörnenburg H, Knorr D (1995) Strategies for the improvement of secondary metabolite production in plant cell cultures. Enzyme Microbiol. Technol. 17: 674–684.Google Scholar
- Fett-Neto AG, Melanson SJ, Nicholson SA, Pennington JJ, Di-Cosmo J (1994) Improved taxol yield by aromatic carboxylic acid and amino acid feeding to cell cultures of Taxus cuspidata. Biotechnol. Bioeng. 44: 967–971.Google Scholar
- Furmanowa M, Glowniak K, Syklowska-Baranek K, Egorka G, Jozefczyk A (1997) Effect of picloram and methyl jasmonate on growth and taxane accumulation in callus culture of Taxus × media var. Hatfieldii. Plant Cell Tiss. Org. Cult. 49: 75–79.Google Scholar
- Moon WJ, Yoo BS, Kim DI, Byun SY (1998) Elicitation kinetics of taxane production in suspension cultures of Taxus baccata Pendula. Biotechnol. Tech. 12: 79–81.Google Scholar
- Yukimune Y, Tabata H, Higashi H, Hara Y (1996) Methyl jasmonate-induced overproduction of paclitaxel and baccatin III in Taxus cell suspension cultures. Nature Biotechnol. 14: 1129–1132.Google Scholar
- Zhang CH, Mei XG, Yu LJ, Liu XF (2000) Initiation, growth and taxol production of Taxus chinensis embryo-derived cell line. J. Huazhong Univ. Sci. Technol. 28: 60–63.Google Scholar