What is the origin of 3-methylglutaconic acid?
- 156 Downloads
KeywordsPublic Health Internal Medicine
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Casey ML, MacDonald PC, Simpson ER (1992) Endocrinological changes of pregnancy. In Wilson JD, Foster DW, eds. Williams Textbook of Endocrinology, 8th edn. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 977–991.Google Scholar
- Chalmers RA, Lawson AM (1982) Organic Acids in Man. London: Chapman and Hall, 458.Google Scholar
- de Koning TJ, Duran M, Dorland L, Berger R, Poll-The BT (1996) Maternal 3-methylglutaconic aciduria associated with abnormalities in offspring. Lancet 348: 887–888.Google Scholar
- Edmond J, Popjak G (1974) Transfer of carbon atoms from mevalonate to n-fatty acids. J Biol Chem 249: 66–71.Google Scholar
- Gibson K, Hoffman G, Schwall A, et al (1990) 3-Hydroxy-3-methylglutarylcoenzyme A reductase activity in cultured fibroblasts from patients with mevalonate kinase deficiency: Differential response to lipid supplied by fetal bovine serum in tissue culture medium. J Lipid Res 31: 515–521.Google Scholar
- Ibel H, Endres W, Hadorn H-B, et al (1993) Multiple respiratory chain abnormalities associated with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and 3-methylglutaconic aciduria. Eur J Pediatr 152: 665–670.Google Scholar
- Kelley RI, Kratz L (1995) 3-Methylglutaconic acidemia in Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome. Pediatr Res 37: 671–674.Google Scholar
- Kelley RI, Cheatham JP, Clark BJ, et al (1991) X-linked dilated cardiomyopathy with neutropenia, growth retardation and 3-methylglutaconic aciduria. J Pediatr 119: 738–747.Google Scholar
- Kuhara T, Matsumoto I, Saiki K, Takabayashi H, Kuwabara S (1992) 3-Methylglutaconic aciduria in two adults. Clin Chim Acta 207: 151–153.Google Scholar
- Schroepfer GJ (1981) Sterol biosynthesis. Annu Rev Biochem 50: 585–621.Google Scholar
- Sweetman L, Williams JC (1995) Branched chain organic acidurias. In Scriver CR, Beaudet AL, Sly WS, Valle D, eds. The Metabolic and Molecular Bases of Inherited Disease, 7th edn. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1387–1422.Google Scholar
- von Dobeln U, Hagenfeldt L (1997) On the biochemical origin of urinary 3-methylglutaconate. J Inher Metab Dis 20 (supplement 1): 38.Google Scholar
- Walsh R, Conway H, Roche G, Naughten E, Mayne PD (1997) 3-Methylglutaconic aciduria in pregnancy. Lancet 349: 776.Google Scholar
© Kluwer Academic Publishers 1999