Precipitation sequence of various kinds of metastable phases in Al-1.0mass% Mg2Si-0.4mass% Si alloy
- 921 Downloads
The precipitation of three new types of metastable phases, i.e., TYPE-A, TYPE-B and TYPE-C, with different crystal structures from the β′ phase is proposed from our research on the change in crystal structures and formation sequence of metastable phases during the aging of the Al-1.0mass% Mg2Si-0.4mass% Si alloy by a combination of analytical high resolution electron microscopy and energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy. The sequence of their formation is explained as follows. First, precipitation of the β′ phase and TYPE-B precipitate, then β′ dissolution into the matrix and degradation of the TYPE-B precipitate. Finally, predominant precipitation of the metastable TYPE-A precipitate. The TYPE-C precipitate appeared heterogeneously in the over-aged condition.
KeywordsPolymer Precipitation Spectroscopy Microscopy Electron Microscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Kanno, H. Suzuki and Y. Shiraishi, J. Japan Inst. Light Metals 28 (1978) 553.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Matsuda, S.Tada and S. Ikeno, J. Electron Microscopy 42 (1993) 1.Google Scholar
- 3.K. Matsuda, S. Ikeno and S. Tada, J. Japan Inst. Metals 57 (1993) 1107.Google Scholar
- 4.K. Matsuda, S. Tada, S. Ikeno, T. Sato and A. Kamio, Scripta Met. Mater. 32 (1995) 1175.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Matsuda, S. Ikeno, T. Sato and A. Kamio, Scripta Mater. 34 (1996) 1797.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Matsuda, S. Tada and S. Ikeno, J. Japan Inst. Metals 58 (1994) 252.Google Scholar
- 7.S. D. Dumolt, D. E. Laughlin and J. C. Williams, Scripta Met. 18 (1984) 1347.Google Scholar