General Ekeland's Variational Principle for Set-Valued Mappings
In this paper, we introduce the concept of approximate solutions for set-valued optimization problems. A sufficient condition for the existence of approximate solutions is obtained. A general Ekeland's variational principle for set-valued mappings in complete ordered metric spaces and complete metric spaces are derived. These results are generalizations of results for vector-valued functions in Refs. 1–4.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Nemeth, A. B., A Nonconvex Vector Minimization Problem, Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods, and Applications, Vol. 10, pp. 669-678, 1986.Google Scholar
- 2.Tammer, C., A Generalization of Ekeland's Variational Principle, Optimization, Vol. 25, pp. 129-141, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.Isac, G., The Ekeland Principle and Pareto ∈-Efficiency, Multiobjective Programming and Goal Programming: Theory and Applications, Edited by M. Tamiz, Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, Vol. 432, pp. 148-163, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, G. Y., and Huang, X. X., A Unified Approach to the Existing Three Types of Variational Principles for Vector-Valued Functions, Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Vol. 48, pp. 349-357, 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.Dentcheva, D., and Helbig, S., On Variational Principles, Level Sets, Well-Posedness, and ∈-Solutions in Vector Optimization, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol. 89, pp. 329-349, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.Sawaragi, Y., Nakayama, H., and Tanino, T., Theory of Multiobjective Optimization, Academic Press, New York, NY, 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.Aubin, J. P., and Ekeland, I., Applied Nonlinear Analysis, John Wiley, New York, NY, 1984.Google Scholar
- 8.Hou, S. H., On Property Q and Other Semicontinuity Properties of Multifunctions, Pacific Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 103, pp. 39-56, 1982.Google Scholar
- 9.Dunford, N., and Schwartz, J. T., Linear Operators, I, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, 1958.Google Scholar