Voltage Dependence of the Amplitude of Aharonov-Bohm Oscillations in Mesoscopic Metal Rings
- 27 Downloads
We investigated the influence of a DC-bias voltage VDCon the Aharonov–Bohm oscillations in mesoscopic metal rings.The amplitude of the oscillations fluctuates as a function ofVDC with a typical voltage scale corresponding to theThouless energy. We also observed a square-root like increaseof the amplitude with increasing VDC. This behavior is inagreement with the theoretical prediction of the fluctuationsof the nonlinear conductance in singly connectednanostuctures.
KeywordsMagnetic Material Theoretical Prediction Voltage Dependence Metal Ring Typical Voltage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. A. Webb, S. Washburn, C. P. Umbach, and R. B. Laibowitz, Phys. Rev. Lett. 54, 2696 (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.A. D. Stone and Y. Imry, Phys. Rev. Lett. 56, 189 (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Aharonov and D. Bohm, Phys. Rev. 115, 485 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.B. L. Altshuler and A. G. Aronov, in Electron-Electron Interactions in Disordered Systems, North-Holland, Amsterdam (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Larkin and D. E. Khmel'nitskii, Sov. Phys. JETP 64, 1075 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.R. A. Webb, S. Washburn, and C. P. Umbach, Phys. Rev. B 37, 8455 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Schäfer, K. Hecker, and H. Hegger, Phys. Rev. B 53, 15964 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Häussler, H. B. Weber, E. Scheer, and H. v. Löhneysen, to be published.Google Scholar
- 9.D. P. DiVincenzo and C. L. Kane, Phys. Rev. B 38, 3006 (1988).Google Scholar