Improvement in the optoelectronic properties of a-SiO:H films
- 190 Downloads
Hydrogenated amorphous silicon oxide (a-SiO:H) films prepared by rf plasma enhanced chemical vapour deposition (PECVD) method have recently proved their potential as a photovoltaic material for the fabrication of high efficiency multijunction amorphous silicon solar cells. If deposited under proper conditions, it may be a better wide band gap material than the normally used a-SiC : H. In this paper we report the improvements achieved over the previously reported results. The films have been characterized in detail in terms of their optoelectronic properties, structural characteristics, defect density and light induced degradation.
KeywordsPolymer Solar Cell Structural Characteristic Chemical Vapour Deposition Vapour Deposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. Haga, A. Murakami, K. Yamamoto, M. Kumanoand H. Watanabe, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30(1991) 3331.Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Ichikawa, S. Fujikake, H. Ohta, T. Sasakiand H. Sakai, Proc. 22-nd IEEE Photovoltaic Conf. (LasVegas, 1991) p. 1296.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Morimoto, H. Noriyamaand T. Shimizu, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26(1987) 22.Google Scholar
- 4.G. Suchaneck, O. Steinke, B. Alhallaniand K. Schade, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 187(1995) 86.Google Scholar
- 5.P. Sichanugrist, T. Yoshida, Y. Ichikawaand H. Sakai J.Non-Cryst.Solids, 164–166 (1993) 1081.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Watanabe, K. Hagaand T. Lohner, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 164–166 (1993) 1085.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Fujikake, H. Ohta, P. Sichanugrist, M. Ohsawa, Y. Ichikawaand H. Sakai, Optoelectronics— Devices and Technologies 9(1994) 379.Google Scholar
- 8.Debajyoti Das, S. M. Iftiquar, and A. K. Barua, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 210(1997) 148.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Lucovsky, J. Yang, S. S. Chao, J. E. Tylerand W. Czubatyj Phys. Rev. B 28(1983) 3225.Google Scholar
- 10.L. He, T. Inokuma, Y. Kurata, and S. Hasegawa, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 185(1995) 249.Google Scholar
- 11.S. H. Baker, W. E. Spear, and R. A. G. Gibson, Phil. Mag. B 62(1990) 213.Google Scholar