Electrochemical multilayer deposition of polyaniline and Prussian Blue and their application in solid state electrochromic windows
- 151 Downloads
In an attempt to enhance the solar modulation in electrochromic windows, the electrochemical deposition of polyaniline (PANI) and Prussian Blue (PB) has been studied more closely. Several layers of PANI and PB at different thicknesses have been electrodeposited on top of each other, or intermixed in the coating matrices. This intermixing, or multilayer deposition, of PANI and PB may lead to an overall improved coating performance. Integrating over the whole solar spectrum, a modulation as high as 49% of the total solar energy has been achieved in solid state electrochromic windows based on tungsten oxide (WO3) and multilayer PANI–PB coatings, which is comparable to earlier results with a single PANI/PB layer.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. P. Jelle, G. Hagen and S. Nødland, Electrochim. Acta 38 (1993) 1497.Google Scholar
- B. P. Jelle and G. Hagen, J. Electrochem. Soc. 140 (1993) 3560.Google Scholar
- N. Leventis and Y. C. Chung, ibid. 137 (1990) 3321.Google Scholar
- R. J. Mortimer, Chem. Soc. Rev. 26 (1997) 147.Google Scholar
- C. G. Granqvist, ‘Handbook of Inorganic Electrochromic Materials’, Elsevier, Amsterdam (1995).Google Scholar
- P. M. S. Monk, R. J. Mortimer and D. R. Rosseinsky, ‘Electrochromism: Fundamentals and Applications’, VCH, Weinheim (1995).Google Scholar
- B. P. Jelle, G. Hagen and R. Ødegård, Electrochim. Acta 37 (1992) 1377.Google Scholar
- B. P. Jelle and G. Hagen, UV-VIS-NIR Transmission Spectra of an Electrochromic Window based on Polyaniline, Prussian Blue, Tungsten Oxide and a Solid Polymer Electrolyte, in ‘Advanced Materials ‘93, II/A: Biomaterials, Organic and Intelligent Materials’ (edited by H. Aoki, K. Segawa, T. Nishi, M. Hasegawa, I. Karube, T. Kajiyama and K. Takahashi), Trans Materials Research Society, Jpn, 15A, S. Sōomiya, M. Doyama, M. Hasegawa and Y. Agata (executive eds), pp. 377–380, Proceedings of the 3rd IUMRS International Conference on Advanced Materials, ICAM-93, Sunshine City, Tokyo, Japan, 31 Aug.-4 Sept. 1993, Elsevier (1994).Google Scholar
- B.P. Jelle and G. Hagen, Solar Modulation in an Electrochromic Window using Polyaniline, Prussian Blue and Tungsten Oxide, in ‘Electrochromic Materials II’ (PV 94-2) (edited by K. C. Ho and D. A. MacArthur), pp. 324–338, Proceedings of the Symposium on Electrochromic Materials, The 184th Meeting of The Electrochemical Society, New Orleans, LA, USA, 10-15 Oct., 1993, The Electrochemical Society, Pennington, NJ (1994).Google Scholar
- ‘CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics’ (edited by R. C. Weast, D. R. Lide, M. J. Astle and W. H. Beyer), p. F-167, 70th edn, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL (1989-1990).Google Scholar