Astrophysical Molecules AlD and CaH: Transition Probabilities and Dissociation Energy
- 65 Downloads
The Franck-Condon (FC) factors and r-centroids for the bands systemC 1 Σ + → X 1 Σ + of AlD and E 2 Π → X 2 Σ + of CaH have been evaluated by means of a reliable numerical integration procedure by using a suitable potential. The dissociation energy, D e, for the electronic ground states of AlD and CaH have been estimated by the curve fitting method to the RKRV experimental potential curve turning out to be 3.01 eV and 2.32 eV, respectively.
KeywordsDissociation Energy Diatomic Molecule Band System Equilibrium Bond Length Sequence Band
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Huber, K.P. and Herzberg, G.: 1979, in: R. van Nostrand (ed.), Molecular Spectra and Molecular Structure, Vol.IV: Constants of Diatomic Molecules, New York.Google Scholar
- Pearse, R.W.B. and Gaydon, A.G.: 1976, The Identification of Molecular Spectra, Chapman and Hall, London.Google Scholar
- Rajamanickam, N.: 1988, Acta Phys.Hung. 63, 51.Google Scholar
- Rajamanickam, N. and Narasimhamurthy, B.: 1984, Acta Phys.Hung. 56, 57.Google Scholar
- Straughan, B.P. and Walker, S.: 1976, Spectroscopy 3, Chapman and Hall, Ed., London.Google Scholar