An elastic electrode model for wave propagation analysis in piezoelectric layered structures of film bulk acoustic resonators
Wave propagation in a piezoelectric layered structure of a film bulk acoustic resonator (FBAR) is studied. The accurate results of dispersion relation are calculated using the proposed elastic electrode model for both electroded and unelectroded layered plates. The differences of calculated cut-off frequencies between the current elastic electrode model and the simplified inertial electrode model (often used in the quartz resonator analysis) are illustrated in detail, which shows that an elastic electrode model is indeed needed for the accurate analysis of FBAR. These results can be used as an accurate criterion to calibrate the 2-D theoretical model for a real finite-size structure of FBAR.
KeywordsFBARs Elastic electrode Waves propagation Dispersion curves Inertial electrode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Y.F. Zhang, D. Chen, Multilayer Integrated Film Bulk Acoustic Resonators, Springer, 2012.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Wang, J.S. Liu, et al., The calculation of quality factor of film bulk acoustic resonators with the consideration of viscosity, in: Proceedings of the Joint Conference of the SPAWDA and 2009 Symposium on Frequency Control Technology, 2009, pp. 370–375.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Wang, J.S. Liu, et al., The calculation of electrical parameters of film bulk acoustic wave resonators from vibrations of layered piezoelectric structures, in: Proceedings of IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), 2009, pp. 2027–2030.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Huang, J. Wang, et al., The analysis of high frequency vibrations of layered anisotropic plates for FBAR applications, in: Proceedings of IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium (IUS), 2008, pp. 204–208.Google Scholar
- 9.J.K. Du, X. Kai, et al., Thickness vibration of piezoelectric plates of 6 mm crystals with tilted six-fold axis and two-layered thick electrodes, Ultrasonics 49 (2) (2009) 149–152.Google Scholar
- 10.D. Huang, J. Wang, Effects of temperature on frequency properties of FBAR, in: IEEE Symposium on Piezoelectricity Acoustic Waves and Device Applications (SPAWDA), 2014, pp. 379–382.Google Scholar
- 20.B.A. Auld, Acoustic Fields and Waves in Solids, Wiley-Interscience Publication, New York, 1973.Google Scholar