Finite Element Modeling and Robust Vibration Control of Two-Hinged Plate Using Bonded Piezoelectric Sensors and Actuators
Active vibration control for a kind of two-hinged plate is developed in this paper. A finite element model for the hinged plate integrated with distributed piezoelectric sensors and actuators is derived, including bending and torsional modes of vibration. In this model, the hinges are simplified as regular plate elements to facilitate operation. The state space representations for bending and torsional vibrations are obtained. Based on two low-order models of the bending and torsional motion, two H∞ robust controllers are designed for suppressing the vibrations of the bending and torsional modes, respectively. The simulation results indicate the effectiveness and feasibility of the designed H∞ controllers. The vibration magnitudes of the low-order modes can be reduced without affecting the high frequency modes.
Key Wordshinged plate FEM Hoo robust control bending and torsional vibration control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Li, D.X., Structural Dynamics of Flexible Spacecraft. Beijing: Science Press, 2010. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Jiang, J.P. and Li, D.X., Research on finite element modeling and vibration control for smart solar array. Journal of Dynamics and Control, 2009, 7(2): 164–170.Google Scholar
- 13.Li, D.K, Wang, F. and Lei, Y.J., Uncertainty modeling of structural dynamics for robust vibration control. Journal of Vibration and Shock, 2009, 28(10): 126–131. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhou, K.M., Doyle, J.C. and Glover, K., Robust and Optimal Control. Prentice Hall, 1995.Google Scholar
- 17.Robust Control Toolbox User’s Guide. The MathWorks, Inc, 2001.Google Scholar
- 18.Li, D.K, Wang, F. and Lei, Y.J., Structural dynamics modeling for robust vibration control in consideration of uncertainties. Journal of Vibration and Shock, 2009, 28(11): 173–176. (in Chinese)Google Scholar