The Analysis of Shallow Shells Based on Multivariable Wavelet Finite Element Method
Based on the generalized variational principle and B-spline wavelet on the interval (BSWI), the multivariable BSWI elements with two kinds of variables (TBSWI) for hyperboloidal shell and open cylindrical shell are constructed in this paper. Different from the traditional method, the present one treats the generalized displacement and stress as independent variables. So differentiation and integration are avoided in calculating generalized stress and thus the precision is improved. Furthermore, compared with commonly used Daubechies wavelet, BSWI has explicit expression and excellent approximation property and thus further guarantee satisfactory results. Finally, the efficiency of the constructed multivariable shell elements is validated through several numerical examples.
Key wordsmultivariable B-spline wavelet on the interval hyperboloidal shell open cylindrical shell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wang, X.C., The Finite Element Method. Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 2003.Google Scholar
- Hellinger, E., Der Allgemeine Ansatz der Mechanik der Kontinua. Encyclopadia der Matematischen Wissenschaften, 1914, 4.Google Scholar
- Hu, H.C., On some variational principles in the theory of elasticity and the theory of plasticity. Acta physica sinica, 1954, 10(3): 259–289.Google Scholar
- Washizu, K., On the Variational Principles of Elasticity and Plasticity. Aeroelasticity and Structures Research Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Technical Report, 1955, 25–18.Google Scholar
- Charles K. Chui and Quak Ewald, Wavelets on a bounded interval. Numerical Methods of Approximation Theory, 1992, 1: 53–57.Google Scholar
- Shen, P.C., Multivariable Spline Finite Element Method. Beijing: Science Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- Shen, P.C., Spline Finite Methods in Structural Analysis. Beijing: Hydraulic and Electric Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- Yang, S.D., Long, Y.Q. and Gu, G.J., The Introduction of Shell Structures. Beijing: People’s Education Press, 1963.Google Scholar
- Wang, J.G., The vibration analysis of folded plate using spline subdomain method. Journal of hefei university of technology, 1988, 11(2): 85–95.Google Scholar