Approximate Solutions for Transient Response of Constrained Damping Laminated Cantilever Plate
Theseries composed by beam mode function is used to approximate the displacement function of constrained damping of laminated cantilever plates, and the transverse deformation of the plate on which a concentrated force is acted is calculated using the principle of virtual work. By solving Lagrange’s equation, the frequencies and model loss factors of free vibration of the plate are obtained, then the transient response of constrained damping of laminated cantilever plate is obtained, when the concentrated force is withdrawn suddenly. The theoretical calculations are compared with the experimental data, the results show: both the frequencies and the response time of theoretical calculation and its variational law with the parameters of the damping layer are identical with experimental results. Also, the response time of steel cantilever plate, unconstrained damping cantilever plate and constrained damping cantilever plate are brought into comparison, which shows that the constrained damping structure can effectively suppress the vibration.
Key wordsconstrained damping cantilever plate damping laminated plate transient response beam mode function combination
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Qian, Z.D., Cheng, G.P. and Zhu, D.M., Vibration analysis of plate attached to constrained damping laye. Journal of Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, 1997, 29(5): 517–522 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Gui, H.B., Vibration and Damping Analysis of Stiffened Plate with Viscoelastic Damping Treatment. Dalian: Dalian University of Technology, 2001 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang, H.C. and Zhao, D.Y., Dynamic analysis and experiment of viscoelastic damped sandwich plate. Journal of Ship Mechanics, 2005, 9(4): 109–118 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Tang, G.J., Li, E.Q. and Li, D.K. et al., Semi-analytical dynamics solution of constrained layer damping plate. Chinese Journal of Solid Mechanics, 2008, 29(2): 149–156 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wang, J.S. and Wu, Y.S., Vib-acoustic analysis of viscoelastic composite sandwich plates with transversely deformable core. Journal of Vibration and Shock, 2006, 25(5): 6–9 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Cao, Z.Y., Vibration Theory of Plates and Shells. Beijing: The Railway Publishing House, 1989: 445–452 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Mao, L.W., Dynamic Characteristics Analysis of Viscoelastic Laminated Plate. Wuhan: Naval University of Engineering, 2009 (in Chinese).Google Scholar