Thermal Shock of Semi-Infinite Body with Multi-Pulsed Intense Laser Radiation
In order to investigate the thermal shock and the heat conduction property of a target under multi-pulsed laser radiation, analytic expressions of both temperature and thermal stress fields in the target are deduced on the basis of the non-Fourier conduction law and the thermo-elastic theory. Taking a stainless steel target as an example, we can solve the analytic expressions under appropriate boundary conditions by using the finite difference method and MATLAB software, and then reveal the evolution law of both surplus temperature and thermal stress in the target. The results indicate that the temperature curves in the target irradiated by a multi-pulsed laser take on a delayed character in different sections away from the boundary, which is only affected by its relaxation time. The front of the stress wave is very steep in the non-Fourier numerical solutions, which presents an obvious thermal shock, so it is necessary to consider the non-Fourier effect of semi-infinite body under the high energy laser radiation.
Key wordsmulti-pulsed laser non-Fourier effect thermal shock
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Li, G.D. and Xiong, X., Low-power laser ablation characteristics for composite materials-based coatings. Powder Metallurgy Materials Science and Engineering, 2005, 10(3): 155–159.Google Scholar
- Zhang, H.Y., Xu, J. and Li, Y.J., Application and analysis of the tactical laser weapon. Laser & Infrared, 2007, 37(3): 204–207.Google Scholar
- Han, J.C., Gao, W. and Zhu, J.Q., Laser induced damage for the diamond films. New Carbon Materials, 2007, 22(1): 92–96.Google Scholar
- Long, S.G. and Zhou, Y.C., The damage and failure of particle reinforced metal matrix composite induced by the coupled loads of laser beam-thermal shock and mechanical loading. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 2000, 21(3): 277–281.Google Scholar
- Zhou, Y.C. and Duan, Z.P., Theoretical estimation of the dynamic buckling dam age of cylindrical shells caused by intense pulse laser beam. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 1993, 14(2): 163–166.Google Scholar
- Wang, Y.G., Boustie, M. and He, H.L., Numerical simulation of damage evolution on mechanical behavior and tensile spallation of pure aluminum under laser shock loading. High Power Laser and Particle Beams, 2005, 17(9): 1281–1285.Google Scholar
- Tan, X.Y., Zhang, D.M. and Li, Z.H., Target ablation characteristics of thin films during nanosecond pulse laser deposition in the ablation process. Acta Physica Sinica, 2005, 54(8): 3915–3921.Google Scholar